Wednesday, January 22, 2014

To the vet we go

We had to take Miss Molly in to the Vet Wednesday to get her ears looked at again.  The poor thing has chronic ear infections, and one of them looked like it had a growth in it (thankfully after visiting the vet, it was determined to only be inflammation of a normal part of her ear - this was VERY good news for me). 

But, when you take the dog to the vet, and have 2 tag-along children, interesting things will ensue...

Such as...

Jake tying the leash to the door handle while Travis tries to drive, and Molly observes...



Eventually getting Molly tied to the door handle, thank goodness no-one tried to come in that door...



Both children sit on the exam table - and then the Dr. comes in and gives them a ride (up and down on the table) which results in Travis freaking out...



Immediately after freaking out from the ride, Travis climbs up on the bench (where I am taking the picture from), the Dr. sits down next to him (trying to reconcile the exam table ride I think), Travis scoots farther away, the Dr. scoots closer, and Travis scoots himself right off the bench, and has to be rescued by Mama as he dangles head down against the wall...  (I didn't get a picture of this for obvious reasons)

Dr. says he is normally very good with children... (uh-huh) (and actually I do believe him, but today was not a shining example)

Then when the Dr. goes to examine the yuck-a from Molly's ears, Jake decides to take off his shoe, and tie the dog to his leg... I did not let this end where it naturally should have, I made him take the leash off his foot before the dog took him for a ride by his leg which would ultimately have resulted in 2 screaming children and a scared dog.




So yeah, kids are an interesting addition to a necessary Vet visit, and poor Miss Molly has a round of ear drops, and a round of current antibiotics with a possible additional one to be added later this week when we find out specifically which bacteria it is which keeps giving her ear infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment