Friday, December 27, 2013

Chistmas-time activities - Final Installation

Well, sorry this took so long to post - I got wrapped up in actual Christmas and never got out the final pre-Christmas activities.... so, a bit late, but still relevant, here is the last of our pre-Christmas.

Last Wednesday, (a week before Christmas, not 2 days ago) Mom and I took the boys to the Laura Bush Library in Westlake for story-time.  The sweet lady there puts up with a lot from those kiddos, and mine certainly didn't stay still in the least.  Jake mostly had the "I don't care" look plastered on his face, while Travis just wanted to run around and steal all the other kids snacks, or skip ahead to craft time. (Yep, that is my kid, and no I did not let him have any of the snacks he found).  They did really enjoy craft time once all the stories and singing were out of the way - and made cute little Santa beards.


 
 
 
After the library, it was off to the Grocery store for cookie making supplies - namely pre-made sugar cookie dough, red and green sprinkles, and Christmassy boxes to put them into.  (Note to self - next year you need a lot more boxes, and cookie supplies, because you have a lot more neighbors that you like and wish you could have given cookies to!!).
 
 
When we got home, it was time to make Christmas cookies.  We cleared off the kitchen island, and set to work.  Notice I am pulling out the first cookie, and yet Travis looks like he is already dipping one... yeah, he likes eating the colored sugar.
 
 
 
And because yes, I am just that weird and OCD, I alternated the sugar colors on the pan (and Travis is not nicely placing a cookie, he is trying to steal one).
 

 
 
Jake actually did a fantastic job sugar dipping his cookies, and he didn't lick his fingers or anything - so all the red ones which people ate were not tainted with little boy spittle 

 
 
I am not sure that I can say the same thing about the green ones, but I didn't let Travis actually dip them, I just let him eat the sugar while I dipped them....

 
 
And then he tried to drink the sugar, oh and I guess Jake did end up licking his fingers, darn-it - sorry folks, they may all have had little boy spittle on them, but I think the cooking them probably burned away any germs.

 
 
Happy boy there, and yes, the green washed off his sweet little face pretty easily.

 
 
Their favorite part by far was eating the cookies though (they did not really understand the sharing with the neighbors as a Christmas present thing, they thought I actually made 4 doz. cookies for them - ha!).

 
 
So if anyone felt their package was light on cookies, it was these little guys who did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment