Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Reflecting on Thanksgivings past

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year for our families at our house.  And actually we have done this every year since Jake arrived into our lives, except last year when Mom and Dad hosted.  Wait, that isn't true, we hosted when Jake first arrived, the following year we went to Houston, we hosted again when Jake was 2 and I was preggo with Travis, then Mom and Dad hosted last year.  Okay, that is feeling more correct.  Guess that means Mom and Dad are hosting again next year ;).  Anyway - thought I would do a Thanksgiving through the ages for you (at least through the years I have photos of Thanksgiving from - which is basically my digital camera years)...



2006 - Thanksgiving in Oklahoma, camping with Blake's family (and when Blake proposed to me!!!)



2007 - Thanksgiving in Oklahoma, camping with Blake's family (and apparently Bo seems to have most of his hair here which is amazing since he was in the middle of the Mange yuckiness)



2008 - Thanksgiving in Oklahoma, camping with Blake's family (and yeah, I didn't take any pictures that year camping - so here is another one of us from November that year - and just so you know we do holidays fairly, we always did the weekend before as Thanksgiving at my parents when we would do the camping over Thanksgiving with Blake's family)


 
2009 - Thanksgiving at our house - both families came to our house - first year with Jake, and he was only almost one month old, and I wasn't sleeping through the night at the time (mostly because Jake wasn't) - so naturally we weren't traveling anywhere, and we all knocked out on the sofa after eating.
 
 
 
2010 - Thanksgiving in Houston, with my family - and Jake tried, but didn't really like anything that year except the roll, he loved the roll
 
 
And another one from that year which will make more sense when you scroll down a couple more years...
 
 

2011 - Thanksgiving at our house again - with both families at our house again - and Blake smoked one turkey and fried another one, I think that both were awesome and so did he (and that is why he is doing both again this year)


 
 
2012 - Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's, in Driftwood - and an awesome 15 minutes from the old house (little bit farther now).  Travis's first Thanksgiving - and see, now that other photo of Jake makes sense right, since Travis is wearing the same adorable onesie in this one!!  Oh, and Jake was 13 months old when he wore it, Travis was 8 months ... slightly differently sized babies I have.

 
 
And so you actually believe me - photographic evidence that Blake's family was partaking with us at my parent's house...

 
 
We even caught Brian, just barely, in a picture before he ran out to enjoy the football game with friends.
 
 
 
Anyway that is our history of Thanksgivings that I have been able to find photos of in the relatively short amount of time that I actually looked for photos...

Now, this isn't the full history of Thanksgivings that we have spent together (me and Blake), before we were engaged we spent every-other year together for Thanksgiving, and would do the camping with his family one year, and I would spend Thanksgiving with mine the next (because I wasn't even going to try to talk him into not going camping with his family - which he loved, and I think he even still now misses).  This last photo is from one of those years - 2004, and the kiddos (cousin kiddos) were playing with sparklers, and I was taking a photography class at TCU.

 
 
So, happy almost Thanksgiving to all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment