We got into the title company's office, and found out that the amount we owed for closing was slightly higher than the original estimate, and that this particular title company would NOT take a personal check to cover the slight difference (apparently every other title company would, but the one we had to go to wouldn't). So I left Blake to start signing paperwork and went to get an additional cashier's check to cover the slight difference. On a whim, I decided to avoid the highway, and just stay on access roads - this was apparently THE BEST decision I made all day. There was a rollover accident in which the vehicle caught fire, and shut down the highway. So, had I decided to get on the highway (which was at a point that I wouldn't have been able to see traffic on it) I would likely have been stuck there for hours. As it ended up, I got the cashier's check, and was back to the title company in no time (slightly jittery though for having seen the aftermath of that accident).
Unfortunately, they would not give us the keys to the house until the loan fully funded, so we had to leave without keys in hand. :(
We took lunch back to the in-law's house, and played with the kiddos for just a little bit before heading to home depot at nap time to get various items which we were going to need immediately at the house - i.e. ceiling fans, etc. We took those over to the house, and then headed back north to the title company hoping that keys would be available. It was 4pm when we got there. It was 5pm before we received keys - and it POURED rain while we were waiting. But, we got our keys, went back to the house, and had our first dinner standing around the kitchen island. (Kids had McDonalds, adults had Firehouse Subs!).
So, our house is really now going to be our home!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment