Thursday, June 13, 2013

There is Light at the End of the Tunnel

Things on the house are starting to look more and more like we will actually be able to live in it by the end of next month (actually maybe closer to the middle!!).  Well, we have to be in by the end of next month, because we will otherwise no longer have a place to live.  The closing for the sale of our house is June 24th, and then we are leasing it back from the new owner through the end of July.  Both sets of parents have offered to allow us to live with them for as long as necessary, but in all truth, I think it will be best for all of our relationships if that just doesn't have to happen, and it looks like it won't have to happen.  So, everyone cross your fingers that we are moved into the new house before July 31. 

Exterior stone has been applied to the house, which makes it look much better than the lovely black wrap which had been on it for so long.

Front of house with stone, scaffolding still in place (Wednesday).
 
Front porch stone - screams Texas doesn't it!
 
If the front porch doesn't scream we're Texans, the door sure does - LOVE it (still needs to be stained though).

Kitchen floor tile is being installed, and the pattern looks just like I wanted it to. Yeah!!
 
There is an awesome dirt pile at the back of the house, I think for leveling prior to landscaping.  Jake is pretty sure it is his new mountain sand pit to climb though, I hope he doesn't get too disappointed when it isn't there next week.

Front of the house with the scaffolding removed, and leveled out for the driveway (Thursday).
 
 
Looks like by the end of the weekend, who am I kidding by the end of tomorrow at the rate they have been going, all of our interior tiling will be done.  Might take a bit longer on the master bath flooring since they didn't install the correct pattern (oops), hopefully won't be too much delay though.  Maybe all the flooring will be in by the end of the weekend!!  Can't wait to see it progress farther.
 
Probably I am the only one who is really and truly excited by all of the little things which are going on.  Unfortunately, no one submitted samples to me for approval prior to installation like I am used to receiving for my projects - so I might have decided to procure them myself...  I might, or might not have swiped a tile scrap (from the cuttings pile on the front porch), a chip of paint (off the 5gallon tub, not the wall), and a piece of wood floor scrap (from the dumpster, which actually was probably from a neighbor's installation since ours hasn't arrived on site, but it is the same flooring)... I mean I needed something to go with the paint colors I have selected which I can play with at home, right???    Maybe I am too used to be a designer, and too dependent on having my samples available at all times to reference... 

No comments:

Post a Comment