Being a good American, I went and voted on Tuesday - with Travis in tow, because that is what you do when you have a baby at home. I got my sticker, and they asked if he wanted one too - I said, No, not a good idea because he would just eat it. So I walked out safe with only a sticker on me.
We went and picked Jake up from school, and went on to the Grocery store to get food for the week. Jake of course saw my sticker, and decided that he needed it. Makes sense, he is 3, so I gave him my sticker, and he put it on his shirt - pretty typical, he frequently comes home from school with stickers on him.
We get to the grocery store - it is HEB so you can fit 2 kids in the cart - and both boys go into the cart. We start shopping (this is typically as exciting as my day gets). We are about half way through our shopping experience, and Travis starts gagging, and then pukes all over the shopping cart cover. At this point, I figure I didn't burp him well enough after I last fed him, and for some reason it just was a lot. A minute later - more puking, and now he is covered, the cart cover is covered, and it has leaked out the leg holes and landed in my diaper bag, and all over my Coach wallet (YUCK). So I start thinking, oh geez he got a stomach bug.
I tell Jake that we need to hurry up and finish our shopping so that we can get Travis home and start getting him to feel better. He does it 2 more times, and I have used up all the things I can find to cover the yuck which is now everywhere - burp rags, nursing cover, etc., and then I see this tiny white thing in his mouth, and fish it out...
It was my "I Voted" sticker - oh joy, I knew he would eat it - and he peeled it off Jake's shirt and ate it, just like I knew he would if he had gotten his own sticker.
So we finish our shopping, without any more puking thank goodness. Not sure if it makes me a good mom or a bad mom for finishing my shopping after all this, but we needed food so oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment