So I got a new car last February. I love it. However, in the last couple months, it has started having some electrical issues...
It started small - the radio would blink off and then back on, or when I would turn off the car, all power would be out to it, and the powered side step wouldn't come out, so I would have to hop out of the car.
We took it in to the dealership in August, and they kept it for a couple of days (during which I got to drive a Cadillac SUV - FUN!), and they of course could not duplicate the issue - everything worked great for them. We noticed for a while it seemed to only do it when the gas would get low, but not anymore.
Last week, I picked Jake up from school, and had the car parked on the street - we were walking out to the car and all of a sudden a car alarm starts going off, and low-and-behold, it is mine. (I swear I didn't hit the panic button on it, it has done it in the driveway at home too once or twice). Of course it looked like I hit the panic button on accident or something, ugh, I don't like it when people look at me like I am "that person". Embarassing, but oh well.
Yesterday, Mom and I took the boys to the pumpkin patch to get our Haloween pumpkins, and some photo ops (to post soon). When we got back out to the car, it wouldn't unlock - oh joy, the clicker is linked in to the electrical system too! I got the key into the driver-side door, and got that unlocked at least. The door-unlock buttons for the rest of the car are linked to the electrical system though, so they wouldn't unlock. A few minutes of frustration though, and I was able to turn the car on, and get all the doors unlocked. Phew!
Then, this morning, I drop Jake off at school, and get back to the car to drive home. Car won't unlock AGAIN! I go around to the driver door to stick the key in, and something in the cylinder popped out into view, so the key won't go into the lock to unlock it that way. And oh joy, I have a baby who wants to leave, and to top it off, the phone is in the car! 5 minutes of hitting the clicker button and trying to jam the key into the door later, I finally get the key into the door, but it won't turn - guess whatever popped out needs to be popped back into the correct location a little better... but the clicker works for 1 small second, and I get the car unlocked!! Success, maybe I will be able to leave!
I get Travis buckled into the car, get myself in, and turn the key - click, click, click - no such luck, the car won't start. It isn't even trying to turn-over, it is kaput. 5 minutes of this fun later, I call Blake to come rescue us. My knight-in-shining-armor shows up and jump-starts the car for us, and then goes to buy a new battery (Cross-your-fingers that it works) while I drive a now hungry and fussy baby home for a nap.
So 45 minutes to drop Jake off at school - yuck! He though, after I kissed him goodbye when I thought I was going to be able to leave at 9:10, just played with his friends and asked me why I was still there. Sweet boy!
Hope the battery fixes it - will update if it doesn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment